Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Brain training may not be Tell Sell, but it is a bit amazing discovery

In the Intermediair of this week, I read an article about speed reading.

The article tells about someone who (because of his dyslexia) developped new ways of reading / learning more effective.
Apparently a 'normal' person will read between the 200 and 240 words per minute. The record is set to 3850 words per minute (by Sean Adam).

At the end of the first day of the course, most had doubled their reading speed! The second day of the course was spend on excersises for the brain and mindmapping techniques.

I discussed this topic with a few collegues. One of them followed a (kind of) similar course in the past and was rather sceptical about it (he claimed it will work for text that is written in a specific way). Based on the article I read (and the positive feedback of the participants), I again was sceptical about the course that my collegue had followed in the past.

I would be very curious to see if I could raise my reading speed within 1 day!

Anyone else with experience on this topic?

2 comments:

Edgar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edgar said...

You might find this interesting http://www.eyercize.com