Friday, May 15, 2009

Follow up: Importance of a company website

As mentioned in my previous post about the importance of a company website, I would let you know if, when and how a would get a response of the V&D organization about the fact that I cannot find the product warning announcement on their website.

I did get a response on my question (asked via the Contact Form). I send that question on 09:44 (CET) and got a reaction at 13:30 (CET), so that is not bad at all.

It turns out that the product warning IS available on the website. In the response I got on my question, I got a link to that announcement (http://www.vd.nl/vendWebShop/contents/Acties_recall_0509). So that is then oke, you would say. Not completely however for me.

First of all, I had a look and it turns out that the announcement can be found in the 'Actions' menu. Very strange place to put a produce warning announcement!

Then, when you use Internet Explorer 8, you will only see the 'Actions' menu if you have Compatibility mode on.

Unfortunately, still when searching for 'Slaapzak Frendz', I still get no results.
If I search on 'Veiligheidswaarschuwing' (product warning), then will I get to the announcement on the site. But who will search for a 'Veiligheidswaarschuwing' (product warning) if you are not already notified from another source that there is some kind of product warning?

So according to me, this is a missed chance for V&D to have inform their customers pro-actively on their site (or at least make it easy for customers that want more information, to actually find that information!)

Of course, I gave my remarks also to the V&D (with a simple reply to the received e-mail). I have to say that I got again a reply within 30 minutes! Wow, that is great. Also the content was encouraging for the future: they wrote that they appreciated my feedback (as according to them, it demonstrated my involvement with the V&D) and already forwarded it to the appropriate management. With a closing sentence that they hoped to see me as a satisfied customer in their department store, I had a better 'customer experience' than I would have thought this morning.

No comments: