Friday, May 15, 2009

Importance of a company website

This morning I was listening to the radio and heard an announcement about a product warning for a 'sleeping bag' for babies of their own label (Frendz) of V&D. Because of possible suffication danger, the sleeping bag (several types of it) was not save. According to the radio announcement, more information could be found on the website of the company. When the newsreader mentioned the website, there was immediate discussion on how you have to write the website? Was it www.V&D.nl or www.VenD.nl or www.VD.nl? Probably just try and find out!

Curious as I am, I decided to have a look at www.VenD.nl. On their homepage, there was no announcment about it. Also when I explicitely looked at 'slaapzak Frendz' no results were found:



So, now let's see what Google will come up with:



When reading this product warning, it states that the source of the information comes from V&D (dated May 15th)! So why is this information not available on their own site?!?

This reminded me about a post I read a few weeks ago on how important a website is for a company.

So, again curious on the response process, I asked them via a contact form (where only an e-mail address and name was mandatory) on the website why this product warning was not announced on their website. Let's see when I will get a reaction (and what the reaction will be of course).

I hope V&D (and companies like it) also will understand this and make sure that besides products, also (important) information can be found!

I'll let you know how long it took them to put it also on their own website (if all)...

No comments: